So I decided to start writing letters, to anyone...

Sometimes Susan, Roselin, or Erie writes but most of the time, it's Fida. mail

Friday 19 February 2010

A year older

I turn 19 today and there's nothing really special about it. There's no surprises, cakes, celebrations or presents (well, except the novel Nida gave me weeks ago), there's only dozens of birthday wishes given to me, directly or via Facebook and sms. And I feel happy. They really made my day, really. You see, I never celebrate my birthdays well except when I was 4, my parents made this small birthday party for me cause my friends had theirs and I begged for one, so that doesn't count. Celebrating birthday is not my family tradition (I've mention this before) and I've grown with it. It's kinda weird for some people but I'm fine with it. Nothing to celebrate when you're one step closer to death, but that doesn't mean I don't accept presents :)

And there's nothing different of being a year older either; I feel the same like yesterday when I was just 18 or 3 years ago when I was 16. I'm not getting older, I hate the word 'old', it's just I've been in this journey for 19 years and I have to rewind what had happened to me for the past 19 years and all that happened to me years ago made me who I am, today. I'm happy cause I'm still breathing in this 19 years of my life and that's something I have to be grateful of.

As for birthday wishes, I wish everything's in its own track and God helps me with everything.
.

You don't have to know what 'everything' is

No comments:

Post a Comment