So I decided to start writing letters, to anyone...

Sometimes Susan, Roselin, or Erie writes but most of the time, it's Fida. mail

Sunday 19 February 2012

Letter to future me

Dear future me,
It’s 3 minutes to my 21st birthday and I’m still up trying to write 500 words of essay. Yes, I’m currently chasing the future, a better future.

Dear future me,
I’m currently listening to Forever Young by Audrey Mae, the lyrics are just words that I want to achieve in this 21st birthday. I got this sad feeling comes over me, maybe because of the music or maybe because I’m just being emotional. I don't know. May you always be courageous, stand upright and be strong….

Dear future me,
It feels different now, last year I was nervous of what kinda birthday I'll get but now, I'm too busy finishing my thesis and application letter that I forget it's nearly my birthday. Since, people start mentioning that my birthday is coming I'm starting to think what kinda of birthday I get this year. I never expect to have a dramatic birthday where there's a rock idol I adore come to me and give me a birthday cake, no, I just want to share it with my close people. In fact, it's nothing to celebrate, one step closer to death, you know what I mean? But it's my day and everyone seems to care and that's the happiest thing. I don't need to be given a quite expensive gift, a simple sincere prayer is enough for me. The love that people give makes me happy already. Cliche thing.

Dear future me,
There are a lot of things that I want to thank God for. I want to thank God for giving me supportive family, I know sometimes I’d like to fight with mum or have different argument with dad but that’s normal isn’t it? I have weird siblings and cousins under the same roof, I am blessed for that. I want to thank God for giving me such great and wonderful friends around me, who are always ready to be my painkillers and happy pills. And they’re weird too. I want to thank God for giving me such script for my life which is very wonderful and I should be grateful of. I want to thank God for everything. Damn, it sounds cliché, but it’s the truth.

May God bless and keep you always,
May your wishes all come true,
May you always do for others
And let others do for you.
May you build a ladder to the stars
And climb on every rung,
May you stay forever young,
May you stay forever young.

Dear future me,
Right now, I am obsessed with One Direction. A group of teenage boys from UK and their album have been playing all day long, accompany me to spend my last time of being 20. I feel like a teenage girl drooling over these guys, they're cute though. They're like a new version of Westlife. My tumblr dashboard full of them, oops, I shouldn't mention tumblr in here. Anyway, I have started to write 21 things I want to do after I turn 21 and hopefully by the time you read this, we already accomplish half of them or may be all of them.

May you grow up to be righteous,
May you grow up to be true,
May you always know the truth,
And see the lights surrounding you.
May you always be courageous,
Stand upright and be strong,
May you stay forever young,
May you stay forever young.

Dear future me,
Its 12.15 am, I’ve already receive couple of birthday wishes. I am very happy and blessed. It's time to sleep now.

May your hands always be busy,
May your feet always be swift,
May you have a strong foundation
When the winds of changes shift.
May your heart always be joyful,
May your song always be sung,
May you stay young forever,
May you stay young forever.

Dear future me,
I am officially 21 years young.

Love,
Fida

2 comments:

  1. Fidaa! may Allah give you all the best for your life :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. perhaps u've to send letter to god..

    ReplyDelete